Higher education received in Italy is recognized in 42 countries of the world, and Italian universities offer students all over the world a wide range of master's programs. Every year, hundreds of Ukrainians, taking advantage of such offers, receive prestigious diplomas, which are listed in many developed countries of the world and open the door to a successful international career.
Advantages of studying in Italy
Many higher education programs are taught here in English. Knowledge of the Italian language is not mandatory, and a residence permit, which is issued to students, gives the right to travel to many European countries.
Italian diploma is equal to that obtained in Germany, Great Britain, Sweden, Norway and other European countries. An important advantage of education in Italy is the ECTS credit system, which is supported by all Italian universities, as well as Universities in other European countries. As well as the fact that after graduating from the institution, students have the opportunity to stay in the Schengen area for later job search, or start their own business. Students from non-European countries who speak Italian will be able to work part-time.
State Italian universities are financed by the state, and the tuition fee is covered by local authorities. The tuition fee is the same for local students and foreigners. The amount of tuition fee depends on the family income. On average, the master's and bachelor's programs, are in the range of 5,000 euros per year. However, there are universities where the cost of education is not higher than 2000 euros.
The procedure of the entry for the student from Ukraine
Since the process of admission to the university of Italy is quite complex and long, it is very important to cooperate with an educational agency or academic advisor. The main reason lies in the fact that the education received in Ukraine must be confirmed at the Italian Consulate, and then (from mid-May to mid-June) the students shall apply for admission at the Italian Consulate. Therefore, the preparation of documents for admission should begin 6-8 months prior to the study.
There are other features:
- Ukrainian students can not enter the bachelor's program, designed for 1 year for the reason that the secondary education does not correspond to the same education in Italy. To enter the 1st course an additional year of study is required.
- For admission to the master's degree in Italy, for a student from Ukraine it will be enough to have a bachelor's degree.
- Some universities require specialized tests and examinations.
- English requirements - IELTS 6.0 – 6.5
- The master's and bachelor's programmes start in October (with the exception of the University of Pisa and the MBA programme, which starts in January).
Dichiarazione di valore
This is a document issued by the Italian Consulate in Ukraine for the opportunity to study or work in Italy.
It confirms that education received in Ukraine corresponds to the Italian standards and regulations.
Dichiarazione di valore will be required for:
- citizens of Ukraine who have received education in it and wants to continue their education or plan to work in their specialty in Italy;
- citizens of Ukraine who are married to Italians and plan to work in the specialty and stay in Italy.
Requirements for obtaining a study permit in Italy:
- Stamp - apostille of the Ministry of education of Ukraine on all documents on education.
- Translation of documents by a sworn translator at the Italian Consulate in Ukraine after imprinting of Apostille stamp.
- Application and submission of all documents to the Italian Consulate in Ukraine.
Documents bearing the dichiarazione di valore:
- documents on education in the original form (diplomas, certificates, annexes);
- passport for travelling abroad (original or copy), they may also require documentary evidence of the change of surname;
- apostille on all the above-mentioned documents;
- accredited translation of all documents;