Hospitable and friendly Greece will always be happy to accept foreign citizens for studying. Higher education in the state higher education institutions of this country is free. This is an excellent opportunity to become a specialist with a European diploma, to live on the sea coast for a while, to learn the origins of modern culture. The doors of universities that have gone down in history are open for you.
Why is it preferable to study in Greece
- tuition fees in the state higher education institutions are absent or are not very small. Along with this, students receive a large number of benefits that reduce the burden on the budget. Among these benefits, there are discounts on travel by public transport, residence permit that allows you to stay in the European Union officially and work up to 4 hours a day, free or almost free meals at the higher education institutions, literature for study, medical care and the opportunity to change the faculty during the first year of study;
- you can intern in well-known companies - this is provided by many training programs for those people, who study at the 3rd and 4th courses;
- a Greek diploma is a diploma obtained in the European Union. When a person is hired, an employer will prefer the EU diploma in most cases;
- it is allowed to earn extra money while studying;
- you cannot study in Greece in the language of this country, and you cannot help but learn it, so the knowledge of another foreign language is added;
- a relatively inexpensive life. To stay in the country, the authorities require 6 thousand euros a year for expenses, this amount may be quite enough for life. You can also apply in advance for scholarships, which are provided specifically for foreign citizens.
Features of education and living in Greece while studying
You can apply for free education if at least one of your parents does not have Greek roots. Ideally, representatives of this nationality should not be mentioned in the pedigree at all. You can be enrolled at the higher education institutions on the basis of the certificate of completion of college, technical school, and so on. There are no entrance exams.
Among other main features of higher education in Greece, the following should be noted:
- the need to take Greek language courses. The year is given to learn Greek. The courses usually begin in October and end in June. After you finish them, the certificate of language proficiency is issued. In autumn, you can start studying at the higher education institution;
- it is not easy to change the university or the faculty. If you want to do this, you will need to start all over again: submit documents in order to be enrolled in another faculty. The final decision shall be made by the Ministry of education of Greece;
- some higher education institutions allow free attendance of lectures. However, it is better to attend them, because teachers give the material that will not be in the books, especially in Greek.
Despite the facts listed above, you will like the student fraternity in Greece. It is a model of freedom. Until 2019, even police officers could not enter the territory of the campuses. After removing this restriction, the students reported about the invasion!
Preparation of necessary documents
Jur Klee will help you prepare Ukrainian documents for Greece, their translation and apostille. We are always focused on an individual approach to each client. Having become our client, you can always count on absolute confidentiality, competent assistance, honesty and decency.
Get a free consultation about apostille for Greece!