Lack of qualified specialists motivated German authority to accept a new law related to immigrant laborers from non-EU countries. The innovation supposes that not only graduates, but also people of working specialty can find a job in Germany as of March 1-st.
People of working specialty could rarely find a job. Besides, citizens of EU or Germans were prioritized before others in the recruitment. Now, citizens of non-EU countries can get employed thanks to the new law.
Who have a legal right to work in Germany
Main conditions, which are required to be followed for a legal work in Germany:
- Qualification. This can be an academic degree or apprenticeship degree, which lasted for at least two years. Relevant agency of Germany confirms qualification. It was unnecessary to affirm a degree for all professions, engineers and programmers could do it voluntarily for example. Now everyone should follow this rule. Only IT-workers, who have at least three years of work experience in accordance with his qualification and a level of German language B1 and higher, can ignore affirmation. Existence of labor contract with monthly remuneration of EUR 4020 is also an additional requirement.
- Contract with German employer. This can be a labor contract or a specific proposal of a job, which corresponds to one’s professional skills and knowledge. It is possible to get a job that have similar degree requirement. Specialists who have an academic degree, can be allowed to perform functions which requires only secondary professional qualification.
- A person must find a job upon arriving to Germany. He must know German language and provide himself financially until he gets a job.
- Specialists who are 45 years old, need to find a job with monthly remuneration not less than EUR 3700 to get a working visa or demonstrate a sum of retirement savings. This solution is required so that people in late would live not on allowances, but on earned retirement pension.
What is required for a residence permission
First working visa will be given to a worker for a long period – 4 years. Then worker will get residence permission, but only under condition of current employment and payments to pension fund for the past 4 years.
New law gives an opportunity for some people to get an apprentice degree in Germany. A specialist must be 25 years old or less and have a level B2 in German language. Also there is another condition before getting an apprentice degree – to have a financial capacity to live in country while study is undergoing.
Sought-after specialists in Germany
Today’s economic situation has arisen to the point, that they are looking for the next specialists:
- electric engineer;
- steelwork installation technician;
- software developer;
- hardware mechanic-engineer;
- junior healthcare worker;
- information scientist.
German economy is at risk because of lack of professionals. That is why German authority is interested in work stream of people from abroad.
Implementation of the law
German authority has several ways to promote labor migration. First, special language programs will be created to simplify German language learning. Second, to conduct an advertising program in order to attract labor migrants. In the countries of potential workers there will be an awareness-building.
A consultation center for the specialists regarding employment of foreigners was recently opened in Bonn. People can receive answers not only through phone, but also through e-mail as well.
Anyone who is interested in German employment, can find out what documents are required and what is needed to affirm an education on the territory of the Germany. German authority supposes that adopted law would help to attract dozens of thousands of new specialists.
Get help in preparation of Ukrainian documents!